Abortion: The Hidden Holocaust
"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations". Jeremiah 1:5
Years ago during an election year I was at a home show when I ran into an old friend. As we were talking the discussion went to politics. A young lady overheard our discussion and let us know that she would never vote for a certain candidate because they were Pro-life.
I took the opportunity to ask her why she felt so strongly about it. Her reply was that a woman has the right to do to her body as she sees fit. Sadly the woman claimed to be a Christian and did not know what God says about abortion. Neither did she know what the Bible said about her body and her rights in this area.
"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Godís" I Corinthians 6:19,20
History of Abortion
Abortion is not a new thing. It has been in practice for over 4,000 years. In ancient Egypt if a servant girl was found with child because of the wishes of her master, if he did not want the baby, she would be taken out and beaten with rods, until she miscarried or until she died.
In Greece when the child was born the father would decide if they wanted to keep the child. If they did not, the child would be taken to a secluded place and left to die. In that society it was the father's right to decide what happened to their children. Again, God is the only one that has that right since he was the one that created the child in the first place.
The Hippocratic Oath
Taken for over 2,000 years, this oath sets forth the standards that are expected within the doctor‑patient relationship. Two important parts of the oath which have been recently omitted are:
1) "I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel."
This would include euthanasia, genocide, as well as assisted suicide. Remember, these things were not accepted until this generation. Doctors that practiced such things were expelled or imprisoned, if not put to death.
2) "I will not give to a woman a pessary, to produce abortion."
This "pessary" was also used as an instrument to prevent conception. For over two thousand years physicians took this oath. Now, in one generation, they are willing to commit murder.
Abortion was first permitted in Nazi Germany for the first time since the German state came into being. Hitler was behind it. Just recently nearly one million women marched in Washington D.C. to defend their right to abortion. This is consistent proof that when a society gets further and further from God's law, the more we will see self-centeredness defended. The crowd was more concerned with their rights than the life of the child. Nor were they willing to take responsibility for their actions. If they donít want to have children then don't do want it takes to have them. Some will say "what about those who are raped?" They fail to realize that even in that situation, one has 72 hours to get checked after a rape has occurred.
Years ago I watched in horror of an abortion taking place, you could clearly see that the child was trying to get away from the instrument of death until it was all over.
Recently advances in 3-D ultrasound scanning have shown that babies smile, wink and cry while still in the womb. Professor Stuart Campbell says images captured using a 4D scanner suggest that unborn babies exhibit facial expressions as a reflex in preparation for birth. Professor Campbell, who has observed such expressions since he first started using the revolutionary scanner in 2001, said it was previously thought babies learned to smile after birth by copying their mothers.
How amazing that two thousand years earlier, scripture already confirmed that babies do this. In Luke's gospel it records the meeting of Mary and her cousin Elizabeth. Elizabeth was in her second trimester when Mary came to see her. "For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the Babe leaped in my womb for joy." Luke 1:44
This records that a child in the womb half way to being born can do the following according to Godís word:
● It can hear
● It can reason
● It can feel and express emotion
These are all the characters of a human being. It's amazing that when a woman who is pregnant is killed, the person is charged with two murders. But if the woman does not want the child, it is her right to kill it. Any person that can understand this and still be an advocate of this mindless procedure has been desensitized by our society and not only will they face the consequences of their faith, but the ones that influenced them will have to give an account as well.
Body parts of aborted babies are now found to bring big money and are being sold off to the highest bidder. How sad that the liberal education system in our country and the media have desensitized the public from seeing it as murder to a woman's right.
Did You Know?
● Each year most pregnancies are unintended and almost one-third end in abortions. (2002 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, CDC)
● Although teen pregnancy rates have been decreasing significantly in the United States, this nation has the highest teenage pregnancy rate among developed countries.
● Oct.16, 1916 Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood. It was not parenthood, but murder that was coldheartedly planned. She purposed to eliminate "inferior races like the Orientals, Jews and blacks."
● It is a fact that 10%-30% of women who have abortions experience long term psychiatric problems. In a 5 year study, 25% of women who had abortions sought out psychiatric careÖanother study found the percentage even higher at 40%.
● Relationships suffer as well. After 5-7 months, only 2 of 11 women continued with the same boyfriend they became pregnant with. This is a permanent decision that affects ones life afterward. There are psychological as well as physical consequences.
● Breast cancer risk increased 140% following an abortion. (British Journal of Cancer 1981)
● Children in school who want aspirin must have a note from their parents. If they want to have an abortion not only will they not inform the parent, but they will pay for it.
● Women who have abortions have four times the greater chance of committing suicide than those that have given birth.
Read and consider the following speech made in 1983 by our fortieth President of the United States, Ronald Reagan
"Our nationwide policy of abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy was neither voted for by our people nor enacted by our legislatorsó not a single state had such unrestricted abortion before the Supreme Court decreed it to be national policy in 1973. But the consequences of this judicial decision are now obvious: since 1973, more than 15 million unborn children have had their lives snuffed out by legalized abortions. That is over ten times the number of Americans lost in all our nation's wars.
Make no mistake, abortion-on-demand is not a right granted by the Constitution. No serious scholar, including one disposed to agree with the Court's result, has argued that the framers of the Constitution intended to create such a right."
To those that have been deceived and have had an abortion there is hope and forgiveness thru our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"Except ye repent (turn away), ye shall all likewise perish" Luke 13:5